Yvonne Bombard Profile
Yvonne Bombard, PhD
Current Position and Professional Functions
Dr. Bombard is a scientist in the Keenan Research Centre of the Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute of St. Michael's Hospital; Assistant Professor, Institute of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto; and visiting investigator, Clinical Genetics Service, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center.
She is an interdisciplinary genomics and health services researcher specializing in the assessment and translation of genomic technologies in clinical care. Her program of research focuses on assessing the health outcomes, ethical and policy implications of integrating personalized genomic tests and technologies into healthcare. She has also developed a related program of research on public engagement to inform health technology assessment and policy development, largely focused on population screening and personalized medicine.
She has an appointment in the Institute of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation at the University of Toronto. She is interested in accepting students and fellows in the areas of genomics, personalized medicine, public and patient engagement in health policy and health technology assessment.
Her other activities include:
- Chair, Social Issues Executive Committee, American Society of Human Genetics
- Member, Patient Experience Measurement and Performance Committee, Cancer Care Ontario
- Member, Pediatric Genetic and Genomic Testing Guidelines Workgroup, ASHG
- Associate, the Canadian Centre for Applied Research in Cancer Control
- Member, Genetic Testing/Counseling Working Group, European Huntington disease Network
- Member, Patient and Citizen Involvement Working Group, Health Technology Assessment International
- Member, Ethics Working Group, Health Technology Assessment International
Education and Training
Fellowship, Yale University (Health Policy); Fellowship, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center (Cancer Genomics); Fellowship, University of Toronto (Health Services Research); Interdisciplinary PhD, University of British Columbia (Medical Genetics); BSc, McGill University (Biology).
Research Interests and Expertise
She is interested in genomics, health services and policy research, personalized medicine, translation research, health technology assessment, public engagement, qualitative research, surveys, mixed methods research.